Creamy Brown Rice Pudding
- 1 Cup short grain brown rice, uncooked
- 4 Cups unsweetened plant milk
- 1/2 Cup maple syrup (or preferred liquid sweetener)
- 1/2 Cup dried fruit, chopped if necessary (I used dried cranberries)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- In a large non-stick pan add milk, rice, syrup, fruit, spices and vanilla.
- Bring to the boil, stirring constantly.
- Put the heat on low, add lid and simmer gently for about 1 hour, or until rice is tender. Stir occasionally.
- Once cooked, take off heat and stir in ground flaxseed.
- Sit to allow to thicken, then serve.